- Realize You Can’t Spot Reduce– There is no such thing as spot reduction. Focus on losing body fat with diet and exercise. Perform total body weight training to attack stubborn areas of fat and cellulite.
- Set a Weight Loss Goal Of 1-2 Lbs Per Week– This is a safe weight loss goal to help you lose fat while maintaining muscle.
- Weight Training Is Essential For Your Success– Lifting weights will increase your lean muscle and help boost your metabolism.
- Be Realistic– You didn’t gain 15 lbs in one week and you won’t lose all those unwanted pounds in a few days. Patience, consistency, good nutrition, and exercise is the REAL answer.
- Journal Your Food Intake– To lose weight, you need to get an idea of your caloric intake. Make sure you are consuming enough calories for your activity level but avoid excess food intake that sabotages weight loss efforts.
- Eat Clean– Eliminate processed foods from your diet. The more consistent you are with eating fresh fruits, vegetables and lean protein, the better your results.
- Include Protein, Carbs and Healthy Fats With Each Meal– The proper nutrients will help to optimize your metabolism and keep you satisfied between meals. Make sure each meal consists of protein, carbs (brown rice, sweet potato, green veggies) and healthy fats (avocado, nuts, and coconut oil.)
- Consider Eliminating Bread, Cereal, Pasta, White Rice, Sugar and Alcohol– Yes sorry to say but alcohol is full of empty calories and increases your appetite. Simple carbohydrates increase your appetite, are high in calories, and make it difficult to shed body fat.
- Drink Water– Water is essential to optimize your metabolism, boost liver function, help prevent dehydration, and rid toxins from the body.
- Consider Probiotics For Gut Health– Per Authority Nutrition– How Probiotics Can Help You Lose Weight and Belly Fat– Probiotics may reduce the number of calories you absorb from food. They also affect hormones and proteins related to appetite and fat storage. They may also reduce inflammation, which can drive obesity.
Monitor your progress with weighing yourself every 1-2 weeks. Remember the scale will vary depending on water fluctuations, hormones, food and water intake, etc. Therefore, scale weight is not the best measure of success
Take body measurements to give you a better indication of fat loss. How to Take Body Measurements
Stay the course! Once you get in the proper mindset and realize there are no shortcuts to weight loss you are off to a good start. Goals, action, consistency, and mindset will help you achieve success in your weight loss journey